Garage causing damage

Av8er

So Natasha went in for her MOT this week, and on collection of her, the front of the bumper was all scuffed and had been flexed at the wheel arch. To manage to do that I am also guarantee that the perpetrator would have noticed they did the damage. Did the garage inform me of this? No, of course not. It was only until walking into the office and asking "at what point were you going to tell me about the damage to the car" that they said anything about it.

Cutting a long story short, the opposite side had similar damage due to the previous owner curbing it before, but I had a quotation for fibreglass repairs and a respray from my friend who works at a spray shop for £200. Driving down to the "approved repairer" that the garage use and getting a quotation for all the work, now comes out at £750.

My question is, could I argue that I've had a quote from a repairer for "my section" of the damage an will pay that an they pay the rest? Or is it a matter of having to use their repairer and fork out an equal amount which is subsequently going to be £150 more than way my mate can do it at.

Any thoughts?