Headlamp washers

cs2000

Yes yes yes, another topic on headlamp washers. Just need a bit of advice.

I bought the car a few weeks ago during the bad snow we had, the headlamp washers didnt work then but i assumed they were either frozen up or i was operating then wrong. However, its now dried up and got warner and they still dont work.

I have checked the washers can come out of the bumper freely (pulling them out by hand), this is fine.

I have filled up the washer bottle to the max twice.

I have checked the non return valve (the windscreen washers are working fine).

I have undone the arch liner to check washer fluid is actually getting the the second bottle which it is.

I have operated the washers and made sure theres no random puddles of washer fluid below the car.

But no wash :( I assumed the following was true, but feel free to correct me if im wrong;

To operate the washers, turn on engine and hold the washer button (the one doen near the fuel cap release/ESP off button. This should wash the lights, it should then stop when you let go.

OR......

Car on, healights on and the washers should operate every 3-4 times you wash the window using the steering wheel stalk things.

Nothing seems to work. When i push the washer button (down by the ESP button :thumbdown: ) all i hear is a slight click noise from over by the passenger front light which is where the headlamp washer motor is if im not mistaken, sounds almost like a relay. Im leaning towards the washer pump being duff but wanted someone opinion who has had the car for more than 3 weeks like myself!