Stand alone ECU for the Vq35de (2004) VTC question.

Ortega_9

Hi, after searching high and low, I can´t find any straight answers... :wacko:

I plan on fitting a VEMS ecu to control my vq35de with vortech Supercharger, BUT, how do I control the VTC....

It´s a 2004 non rev up... so it´s "only" the intake cam that has vtc right?.. but how does it work? and how can I control it? or is it impossible... I have a XS power utec piggyback lyin around, but the previous owner blew his engine with this setup, becourse of no one knows this box here in Denmark, and no one will touch it, the ones who have tryid says there not able to tune it...

( btw. the cars WHOLE electrical system has been removed and I´m doing a new harness etc. and It´s a pain to get the stock ecu working with "just" the engine harness and the utec, so I´m kinda between a rock and a hard place... :boxing: )

Could I get A VEMS to control the VTC? (or any other stand alone) has it been done?

do I need the VTC?, could I lock it, or is that just stupid...

And what is youre take on the UTEC?

All the information I find about this, basicly says that they run the stock ecu with a piggyback of sorts...

I cant find any 100% pure stand alone ecu´s...

I only see a "problem" with the VTC, the rest of the sensors, etc. is just like any other engine IMO... I have some very capable people helping me with this, but there is some ground work in getting it running... so any help is much appreciated with :

- 2004 non revup VQ35DE wiring diagram

- Stock ECU pinout diagram

- information on the VTC in any form

No one ever stumbelt acros anything on this?

thank you Dblock.

And Hi Mark, thank you for the insight.

I haven´t yet bought a VEMS, but wanted something that could be tuned here (in Denmark) and there is alot of people doing vems and MS...

I have read up on that the stock ECU is hard to run on it´s ovn ? There is no electrical harness in the car, and all the abs, esp etc. parts have been removed... as we wanted to run a stand alone, but I didn´t imagine that the VTC would be such a problem..

Is the syvec a stand alone? or does it run of the stock ecu?

Syvecs is stand alone we use a patch loom to connect it to the Stock engine loom but it will be easy to wire up via a new loom to the engine but the good thing with the Syvecs all the hard base work is already done for you so after wiring the ECU it will be an easy job to fire up and tune the car.

Any questions ask away , we can supply a S6 ECU and a base map and give you any help you require.

Syvecs is the way to go TBH.