Replacement key prices

MickJ

Car only came with 1 remote and a valet key, when I had the driveshaft done I asked the service dept to sort me out a replacement key while they did the job, needless to say when I went back the next day to pick up the car I asked after the replacement key I had ordered, this was met with a blank look, they had forgotten.... so I thought sod it I'll forget to tell you that I had snapped off the aerial on the Micra loan car when I put it in the garage :blush: (superglued it back together, rubbed down and painted black looked good as new :thumbs: ) today I have just been to local locksmith who does remote fobs for most cars and have been relieved of £149.20 which includes £20 for the NATS CODE...... is that about right?

Won't get the key for another couple of days as they have to apply for the NATS Code and this takes a couple of days to come through, they are a reputable Locksmiths and while I was in there waiting while they got the info out of the car other people were coming in for replacement keys for various makes, will let you know when I get it, hopefully early next week.

Guest prescience
Dude you are a coventry lad?

My GF is from there and sees a gunmetal and Azure all the time. What colour is yours?

there is a small clue in his sig. ;)

Yes I'm from Cov, and it's er.... Kuro Black with Rays, I'm waiting to be 'spotted' by Zedman as he seems to be from the same area :D

It's a UK car and Locksmith has done a few Nissans before, maybe not 350z's he certainly seemed to know what he was on about though.

Guest prescience

What are the benefits of living in the Birmingham area - everyone who doesn't says 'never' (including those who have)

Is property cheap, crime particulalry low or what? Any National Parks local

Just an update on the replacement key, locksmith is having problems getting the Nat code so have cancelled the order and just phoned the local dealer, they have one in stock and will just take 3\4 hr to do and will cost £110.94 inc Vat, bit of a saving over the locksmith eh? Getting it done tomorrow.

Car only came with 1 remote and a valet key, when I had the driveshaft done I asked the service dept to sort me out a replacement key while they did the job, needless to say when I went back the next day to pick up the car I asked after the replacement key I had ordered, this was met with a blank look, they had forgotten.... so I thought sod it I'll forget to tell you that I had snapped off the aerial on the Micra loan car when I put it in the garage :blush: (superglued it back together, rubbed down and painted black looked good as new :thumbs: ) today I have just been to local locksmith who does remote fobs for most cars and have been relieved of £149.20 which includes £20 for the NATS CODE...... is that about right?

Thats more expensive than a main dealer mate. Last time I got one it was £90+VAT from Nissan. Always check your main dealer first, SOMETIMES they are reasonably priced, unlike the Almera CD Player I had to replace today which cost me £594 at Trade ! To rub salt in the wound I bought the car 2 months ago and had it sat for sale all this time, when I bought it the car was still under manufacturers warranty, so if I had it fixed then it would have been a free repair - DOH !