Exhaust Advice

spoogle

Hi folks, looking for a bit of advice, I’ve just got my 350z a few months ago and it sounds like the baffles are going in the back box, standard OEM. What’s the options for replacement, is there a well made stainless steel replacement backbox? Or do I need to upgrade a couple other bits along with it?

Not looking for anything too noisy, so wouldn’t mind a little more than the standard.

Where’s best to start looking?

Thanks

Sounds like its broken between the mid and rear silencer... :)

Cobra Sport system priced at £425 is a great replacement for the OEM system, have a look in our trader section for photos and sound clips... :)

With the above you get a new mid and rear, you can also add a Y pipe too.

If you need any further info please either call or email us... :)

Edited by CS

A word of warning, whilst fitting an exhaust is fairly straight forward, the OEM system (particularly the bolts) will most probably be welded together with rust, making it very difficult

I had to take mine to a garage to get them to cut the bolts out with a blowtorch

A word of warning, whilst fitting an exhaust is fairly straight forward, the OEM system (particularly the bolts) will most probably be welded together with rust, making it very difficult

I had to take mine to a garage to get them to cut the bolts out with a blowtorch

What he said. Ive done dozens of exhausts on cars before, but was shocked when I came to take the exhaust off my 4 year old, 20,000 mile zed. All the nuts / bolts were totally rusted like they were on some 100 year old barn find car. I couldnt believe it. Took me about 6 hours of messing about to get it off, including getting the angle grinder out and cutting the back box off in the end. Nightmare.

Others have said they have had no problems, so it might be okay for you.

What he said. Ive done dozens of exhausts on cars before, but was shocked when I came to take the exhaust off my 4 year old, 20,000 mile zed. All the nuts / bolts were totally rusted like they were on some 100 year old barn find car. I couldnt believe it. Took me about 6 hours of messing about to get it off, including getting the angle grinder out and cutting the back box off in the end. Nightmare.

Even after they chopped the bolts out, getting the backbox off the rubber mounts was a RIGHT biitch! Was under the car with my feet on the rear subframe for leverage, pulling the backbox towards me. Used a LOT of WD40 and in the end I nearly knocked myself out :lol:

• Like 1

Cheers for the advice, I've done a few exhaust changes in my days, but I might go under the car tonight and see what the situation is, if it looks like I'll be cursing at the underside of a car for a few hours, I'll stick it to the garage.

Even after they chopped the bolts out, getting the backbox off the rubber mounts was a RIGHT biitch! Was under the car with my feet on the rear subframe for leverage, pulling the backbox towards me. Used a LOT of WD40 and in the end I nearly knocked myself out :lol:

:lol: I had exactly the same problem. Had to involve a big crow bar or 2 in the end and still had problems. Luckily the K1 system was much easier to fit.