quick number plate question

dr bru

got a black z and thinking of putting some black "old style" plates on. Do you guys wreckon I will get pulled for this and if so is it a fixed penalty or points on license?

Cheers

Saw some on a beemer today and thought it looked proper shite imo. Real chavvy. And it gets you a tug by the plod. And a fixed penalty. They can also seize your reg from you if you have a personal plate :dry:

They "can" sieze or confiscate the number, but I havent heard of that action beng taken - as it requires the police to ask the DVLA to do it. Which involves more work.

In my opinion you are likely to get pulled for it, maybe not straight away, but sooner rather than later.

Its a £30 fine, and maybe a producer if they are feeling mean. No points on the license as far as I am aware.

Ive been done twice - once on my reg, and once with the other halves reg. £30 both times.

Slight spacing adjustments or screws in the wrong place etc are one thing, which may not get you pulled as quickly, but classic black plates will get you noticed fairly quickly, and on a "flash" car - you will almost certainly get pulled as soon as a traffic cop spots you.