Steering knock.

KyleR

Hey, I've read loads about people's suspension knocking when on uneven surfaces, going over ramps etc etc, but my problem is a little different but may or may not be the same cause.

When stationary/traveling very very slowly, I get a single clunk/ knock from the front end, I believe the drivers side. Reading about others problems, everyone tells them banana bar or drop links, however this is for a slightly different problem that I can't seem to find mentioned on the forum.

To me instinct tells me something loose, but has anyone any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Kyle

Sorry or taking a while to reply, was swapping the boot struts out since it stopped raining or 5 minutes. Engine running Alex, never attempted to turn the steering without power. Should I see if I can get it to happen with ignition off?

Should be very easy to trace the knock so just get the car on to a 4 poster flat bed ramp and get someone to move the steering to induce the fault whilst some one is checking steering/suspension components underneath.

This procedure will remove all guesswork.

Alex. :)