First time detailing the Z

Toothy

Hopefully this bad weather will pass soon and I will have chance to detail my 350 for the first time.

I just ordered myself some bits to make a half decent job of it. I have not really done more that a bit of a spit and polish on my other cars, but wanted to make the effort with my Z. So this is all pretty new to me.

I got myself a Bilt Hamber clay, and will be polishing with Autoglym Resin Polish. I have also bought some Poorboys Black Hole glaze, and a Dodo Juice wax to finish :)

My Zed is Ebisu, so spent a few hours reading up on what would be best for a black car. Paintwork is pretty good, but has the usual slight swirl marks all over, and the the odd little scuff on the rear quarter from the previous owner.

Do you guys think I have made a good choice? Any recommendations?

Resin polish and black hole are both full of fillers so will hide swirls well. SRP is also mildly abrasive so may reduce them a bit. I'd machine polish to genuinely remove defects. I have the same as you zed wise and am planning a two day correction once weather is right ... Will do a write up ;)