Tyre availability

Rob22

Spent some time online sourcing tyres for my 19s. Currently running eagle f1s all round at 245/35 and 275/35. I eventually settled on some conti contact sports ordered and payed for online and shipped to a local centre. Now waiting nearly 3 weeks! First they were on back order from the factory (not stated on the site at the time) and now snow causing a delay too. I asked them to source alternatives (but that I would only accept a decent alternative like f1s or Michelin ps) but apparently my tyres are a strange size and hard to get?!? If I hadn't paid the money I'd have walked away long ago but apparently they'll be fitted Monday. Anyone else experienced difficulty with availability in this tyre size or (as I suspect) I'm being told a load of BS?

Just got a call to confirm they are in the garage now and they're doing me a bit of deal on a 4 wheel alignment. Wasn't so much the wait as being told they were ready to go and then turning up to find they couldn't even give me a date that annoyed me. Still all seems to be sorted now and hopefully worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted, Conti's now fitted, haven't had the weather for anything very spirited but road noise seems a little better and so far they've been sure-footed despite the state of the roads here!

Edited by Rob22