How Many Zed's in the UK.

WhackyWill

;) Fairladys and the other global names such as 350 etc have been labelled under the z.. chassis tag since the z31 or the orginal 300zx from the early 80s. the earlier 240z,260 and so on are labled slightly differently. If you label the up as the relevant z number its easier than saying fairlady as it could be any number of models and esp for the z31/32 owners saying 300zx you could mean either, and they are very different beasts.
  • Like 1

This is the latest figures from the DVLA on the number of Zeds in the UK...Jan 2013

350Z GT4 159 Registered 4 on SORN

350Z including GT and Imports 5705 Registered 207 on SORN

370Z 1472 Registered 63 on SORN.

Anybody got anything to add. ?.

Shows how badly the 370z sold :surrender:

Be interesting to see that figure by year and separating imports, oh and by colour and if they are GT spec....

Yes I work a lot with figures and statistics and they give me the horn :blush:

True but why didnt the 370z sell. Massive engine in a day when everyone else was shrinking due to high petrol prices? When the 350z came out it was more than the sum of its parts IMO and it was cheap too.

I looked at the Infinity G37 saloon as replacement for my 350Z, but the engine was simply too thirsty compared to what BMW/Audi had on offer :surrender: . Whats more worrying is the fact Nissan/Infiniti still don't offer a 300bhp engine that can offer anywhere near 30mpg combined (370 is quoted at 26-27mpg), compared that to the M135i that has a combined 35 mpg.

Ofcourse you can argue that if your buying a 300bhp+ car your shouldn't care about mpg, but given super unleaded is now nearly £1.40 I think most people would prefer a car that does 35mpg over one that does 27mpg. Personally I don't really care about mpg, but the fact my new car is more "economical" than my 350Z certainly kept my wife happy :)

This is the latest figures from the DVLA on the number of Zeds in the UK...Jan 2013

Does anyone have the figures for the last year of the 350Z, that would be 2008 or maybe a few were sold in 2009?

Pete

Does anyone have the figures for the last year of the 350Z, that would be 2008 or maybe a few were sold in 2009?

Pete

The link I posted above has previous years figures. I'll post it again for good luck:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=350z

I looked at the Infinity G37 saloon as replacement for my 350Z, but the engine was simply too thirsty compared to what BMW/Audi had on offer :surrender: . Whats more worrying is the fact Nissan/Infiniti still don't offer a 300bhp engine that can offer anywhere near 30mpg combined (370 is quoted at 26-27mpg), compared that to the M135i that has a combined 35 mpg.

Ofcourse you can argue that if your buying a 300bhp+ car your shouldn't care about mpg, but given super unleaded is now nearly £1.40 I think most people would prefer a car that does 35mpg over one that does 27mpg. Personally I don't really care about mpg, but the fact my new car is more "economical" than my 350Z certainly kept my wife happy :)

this is why I haven't gone for one, the insuarance was more the fuel was similar. performance was similar overall, so mr Nissan hasn't really got himself very far over the last 13 years since the z32 went out of production. I like the 350z modern looks and how its more of a sports car than a grand tourer, its a nice car but weighing the two up il be sticking with my z32 and spending the cash on that instead :)