TYRE NOISE ! I THINK !?

lomoto

Hi all ,had the Z a week now and just getting used to it the only complaint I have is excessive tyre noise (well I think its tyre noise, :dry: ) and a bit of resonance through the cabin...it is running bridgestone potenza tyres..Is this normal ? if so anybody fitted any brand of tyres that cuts this noise down ?

Other than that it is a brill car ,a bit loose on the back end in this damp weather :teeth: but thats only to be expected ,any comments gratefully received Cheers Tim :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check tyre pressures firstly - the pdi should of done this!

Tonneau Cover in boot reduces allot of cabin noise :D Have u got 1?

If problem still persists increase bose volume :p

Tyre pressure as recommended,no tonneau cover(may have to buy one if it makes that much difference ? ) no bose got a Sony fitted now LOL :teeth: perhaps a louder silencer will sort it .? :scare:

have you checked in our faq about tyre roar? have a look in there and also in the technical forum about common faults on our car, could be feathering...

but yeah thicker boot mat and tonneau cover help in reducing road noise.

Sorry cant find anything in the FAQ section about tyre noise??? :wacko:

Check tyre pressures firstly - the pdi should of done this!

Tonneau Cover in boot reduces allot of cabin noise :D Have u got 1?

If problem still persists increase bose volume :p

Tyre pressure as recommended,no tonneau cover(may have to buy one if it makes that much difference ? ) no bose got a Sony fitted now LOL :teeth: perhaps a louder silencer will sort it .? :scare:

Tim, your tyres are exactly the same as mine.. wish we could compare :)

I've got the JWT popcharger, the sound of that does tend 2 distract u from any road noise :D

[Tim, your tyres are exactly the same as mine.. wish we could compare :)

I've got the JWT popcharger, the sound of that does tend 2 distract u from any road noise :D

Sorry no idea what a JWT popcharger is ? :blush: But I,m sure we,ll have a meet somewhere or other :D Cheers Tim

GOTCHA :teeth: last car I had was a Mitsy Twin Turbo GTO .with HKS straight through pipes and HKS induction kit and a dump valve the bloody thing made that much noise I never got to hear tyre roar :blush:

LOL, No more worrying about tyre roar.... But worrying about how your gonna afford induction kit or new zorst :)

LOL, No more worrying about tyre roar.... But worrying about how your gonna afford induction kit or new zorst :)

Yes too right ,do HKS do a set up fot the Z ? I must say it sounds quite tame unless you are really gunning it :teeth:

also I,m not used to the back end stepping out all the time ; with the old Mitsy it was 4 wheel drive and hung in there quite well...mind if it did let go you were going to be in BIG trouble :blush:

Yes too right ,do HKS do a set up fot the Z ? I must say it sounds quite tame unless you are really gunning it :teeth:

also I,m not used to the back end stepping out all the time ; with the old Mitsy it was 4 wheel drive and hung in there quite well...mind if it did let go you were going to be in BIG trouble :blush:

HKS do something but I'm not that familiar with it... Seen a smart Blitz one...

Check Courtesy out for the JWT, nice cheaper option imao!

Your not serious thats going to stop any noise ? that must be the most expensive piece of plastic I,ve ever seen,probably cheaper to have one custom made from GOLD :p

Ha Ha Ha, that's what I thought. I made me own for less the a tenner :D

Does cut out some noise, plus stops people seeing what you have in the boot :D

• 2 months later...

I’m getting a lot of road noise in the car when travelling at around 25mph..Took it to one of the main dealers who said it was due to the Bridgestone’s and not to worry.

Also took it to an independent garage who said the same. However, I’ve been reading lomoto’s post and associated feedback comments in particular at the Nissan TSB (USA) and was wondering if this might be the cause. Has anyone actually challenged the dealers with this one and is there a UK TSB on the subject.

Dicky