Suspension

sturmdave

Hi

Quick few questions please -

I've bought a pre 04 JDM and I believe the suspension is different.

Is it worth swapping to european set up, i.e. is it a big difference?

If so how much would a set normally cost and do they just fit in with no adjustments needed?

Tried searching but couldn't see all the answers so apologies if this has been answered before.

Thanks,

David

Hi

Quick few questions please -

I've bought a pre 04 JDM and I believe the suspension is different.

Is it worth swapping to european set up, i.e. is it a big difference?

If so how much would a set normally cost and do they just fit in with no adjustments needed?

Tried searching but couldn't see all the answers so apologies if this has been answered before.

Thanks,

David

I wouldn't of thought that there was sufficient difference to warrant changing it all to uk spec. Why not just buy aftermarket suspension that will be a noticeable improvement over both uk and JDM specs? :thumbs:

actually the difference was quite noticeable at the time they came out, so noticeable they later adopted it for Zeds all around the world.

if you find a set from someone who's upgraded their >04 suspension cheap, why not? It'll surely be cheaper than aftermarket suspension.

Not sure if you'd have fitting issues, wouldn't think so tbh.

actually the difference was quite noticeable at the time they came out, so noticeable they later adopted it for Zeds all around the world.

What was the difference? Softer? Harder?

Apparently the early JDM models were significantly stiffer damped ??then they eased them off for comfort on later models ,(so I believe )

Obviously.

All i was saying was that why shell out for something that will give you a slight improvement when you could get something that will be superior to both uk and jdm specs :thumbs:

Obviously.

All i was saying was that why shell out for something that will give you a slight improvement when you could get something that will be superior to both uk and jdm specs :thumbs:

2 reasons:

1- price (you'd probably find oem upgraded suspension cheap from people who've upgraded them)

2- comfort. Aftermarket suspension will almost surely be harder than OEMs and dependin on the use one will make of the Zed, might not be suitable

Val - are you recommending the CHEAPER option for once? I think Ive woken up in the twilight zone today :p;)

Just pulling your leg.

If its a daily drive then I couldnt live with overly harsh suspension, and it would appear that most here are perfectly happy with the standard setup.