Help required

Allinson3470

Recently bought z350,have noticed how difficult to get 1 and 2 until engine has warmed up is this normal,also a whining noise in third gear for about 30 seconds again when engine is cold,car has done 36000 miles and has been serviced by Nissan,also gearbox serviced at 33000 miles,does this sound normal,car is brill after a couple of minutes?

Recently bought z350,have noticed how difficult to get 1 and 2 until engine has warmed up is this normal,also a whining noise in third gear for about 30 seconds again when engine is cold,car has done 36000 miles and has been serviced by Nissan,also gearbox serviced at 33000 miles,does this sound normal,car is brill after a couple of minutes?

As mentioned, fairly normal to be a bit notchy when cold. The usual remedy if concerned is to change the gear box oil and add a tube of Molyslip (this is just a coating that reduces wear/friction/whine). However, the main point appears to be that the 'box does not respond well to anything other than genuine Nissan gear oil (MT-XZ 75W85 3x1litre). Maybe when your gear box was 'serviced' (assume just an oil change), they may have used any generic gear box oil. Being a Nissan franchise does not ensure the use of Nissan fluids.

If you are bothered, change the oil again and add some Molyslip. About £57, plus labour if you don't do it yourself.

Edited by Watshot

Have got three months warranty on car but don't know what that's worth as garage has been a pain,wondering know if that's why gearbox was serviced,change of oil to hide noise,but like I said car has only done 36000 miles,if it is gearbox how much,before I start on garage how can I prove problem??

As been said best to swop out the gearbox oil for some fresh genuine Nissan stuff and add the DC Molyslip as well.

Either do this yourself or take the correct products along to the garage for them to carry out the work for you.

I carry in stock the correct fluids and the DC Moly so just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

If the problem still persists after the fluid change, and you do in fact have a gearbox fault then it will be time to look into a warranty claim.

Alex. :)