Jdm insurance and key question

Dashurik

Hi,guys! New to forum,plz be gentle with me! :-)

Planning to purchase Jdm model,have seen it yesterday.it's register in uk since 2009.

Few things I would like to know:

How different is the insurance for Jdm car from uk one?is it more expensive,cheap or the same?

How easy to make second key/ duplicate,as car only has one key with immobiliser?

No satnav there ,but thinking to install my own in future.Will it be paint in the neck to install one as its a JDM car and I heard it may be not that simple to do?Thank you

not much diffrence there is a bit depending if its roadster or coupe

key easy just need coding about £50 or less cant remember

sat nav make no diffrence if putting you own in as others have done but if you go for nissan one pricy and s**t

Depends on the insurer, some mainstream ones won't touch an import...

:welcome:

Anybody knows insurance which do a quote for insurance but won't leave a footprint on my credit file?...Anyway a list of insurance you think would give a cheap quote would be much appreciated...Thx

JDM keys are only available from the Stealers - I was quoted £399 so am surviving on only 1 key . . . . if you find a cheaper / better option, please let me know (I bought a spare key and tried to code it to the car, no success, asked dealer, was told they had to bring a JDM key from Japan and then coding it would be " . . . at least an hour")

Insurance prices - the JDM bit adds on only a little bit, which is minor compared to - your postcode / driving history etc. It's a good idea to go to someone who knows what they're doing (Adrian Flux or Sky on here or others used to dealing with high performance cars - especially if you intend any mods, you do NOT want to find they can't handle an UpRev or other mod halfway through your policy time

When I changed my ICE system I got them to put another 12v power socket in the cubby, ideal for the satnav. (IMHO - it's better to change the ICE as frequency shifters are a pain, and if you pick the right stereo you can get bluetooth to your phone built in and don't need the Zed bluetooth adaptor)

Anybody knows insurance which do a quote for insurance but won't leave a footprint on my credit file?...Anyway a list of insurance you think would give a cheap quote would be much appreciated...Thx

Hi,

feel free to PM over your contact details if you are looking for an insurance quotation and I will arrange a call back? You are also welcome to call us on 03303 331250

Thank you

http://www.skyinsura...-insurance.html

Edited by skyinsurance

Hi,

feel free to PM over your contact details if you are looking for an insurance quotation and I will arrange a call back? You are also welcome to call us on 03303 331250

Thank you

http://www.skyinsura...-insurance.html

I will call when I know the answer from the owner of Z I want to buy..Trying to negosiate purchase price..