What to do at 94,000miles.

Luke0549

Hi guys.

Need some advice really.

My zed is a 2003 jdm import and has just gone over 94,000 miles.

I feel that the engine basically needs a rebuild. It's not smoking or anything it just feels fragile when I drive it.

When I done my last trackday I just felt like it was going to die on me. When driving hard it sounded like I was down a piston or something. Just didn't sound good at all. The clutch has the famous cement mixer sound and when I came off the ring I honestly thought it had gone.

I was thinking of stripping it down and just rebuilding it, but I've never touched an engine before. How much work is involved? And cost roughly? Is it worth doing? Sound I just concentrate on doing a few things? Or if I'm taking it apart should I do every single nut and bolt?

In addition, I was thinking if I'm rebuilding it, I might aswell throw a cheeky turbo on it?

I'm going to take it to japex in the new year for them to give it a serious going over so I should know more then. But yeah. Any help guys!