Tein Bonnet Dampers now available

JDM Performance

The compact and lightweight bonnet damper is designed to elimiate the OEM bonnet stand. This allows for more workspace under the bonnet. Also makes opening and closing the bonnet quick and hassle free. No modifications are required to fit these dampers.

Available now from our site at just £78 a pair.

Please see here for more information:

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item_deta ... =449002319

teinbhd.jpg

ah! I see what you mean Stephen... couldn't you just drill a hole in the panel btw?

Hmm - if it were that easy. I put a Sunday aside a few weeks ago to just dremmel out a hole, but as far as I could see from looking side on when opening/closing the bonnet the movement of the strut requires a whole channel cut in it.

Spill - what did you have to cut? Can you take a picture and post it up?

ah! I see what you mean Stephen... couldn't you just drill a hole in the panel btw?

Hmm - if it were that easy. I put a Sunday aside a few weeks ago to just dremmel out a hole, but as far as I could see from looking side on when opening/closing the bonnet the movement of the strut requires a whole channel cut in it.

Spill - what did you have to cut? Can you take a picture and post it up?

Sorry about the quality only had my camera phone, I'll take some better ones tonight.

How to

Push rod inside the damper leaving approx. 75mm showing

Remove the covers

lay the damper along the the cover with the ball joint located in the centre of the hole,

the damper part should then be just off the cover (I'll take measurements)

Draw around the damper and rod this will then give just enough clearance for the bonnet to close.

FINAL STEP COVER THE DAMPER WITH BLACK HEAT SHRINK PLEASE :D

Oh then refit

sorry, I'm probably being thick but I can't make out from there where the lifter is mounted. Could you take a daytime pic if possible? Thanks for everything you wrote so far :)

They were it's just a dark garage and an O2 Exec PDA phone = crap photo

anyways please see below hope this helps :D

tein_1.jpg

tein-001.jpg

tein_1-001.jpg

tein_1-002.jpg