Clutch Pedal disappearing when accelerating hard

jonathan73

Guys

It happened on the Test 350z I had (Nissan Fleet lent me a coupe and a roadster for a week test each prior to me buying mine) and it has happened on mine a few times.....

If I try to pull away hard - really hard - then my clutch pedal disappears to the floor for a short while. Seriously. Anyone else had this? Can anyone explain why it happens?

I came up to a long tail back this afternoon and wanted to spin round - literally - instead of doing a 3 point turn. Only for my clutch pedal to disappear. So I had to do a 3 pointer anyway, by which time traffic was approaching and I had to move away sharpish. It happened again.

WHY?

No Liam. ESP was off. If it hadn't happened on the brand new fleet vehicles I test drove for a week I'd think it was my clutch but I'm lost as to an explanation.

There's little point taking it to my stealer b'cos they've already proved themselves worthless. They are what chocolate fireguards deride when searching for a metaphor of uselessness! :teeth:

Ok Jonathan, the way I see it is you've left the clutch dipped for too long, probably 'burnt' it a bit after lots of wheel spin.... I bet it bloody stunk - yeah??? Then when you've gone 2 use it again it's disappeared cos you where being 2 nasty with it in the first place :p

I think this might have happened to me a few times, not as bad, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. My guess was the clutch mechanism getting stuck somewhere.

I would say mine was only coming about half way back. The only problem was I was accelerating so hard, it was difficult to say. Never stopped me changing gear though.

I've got my 10,000 mile service coming up and was going to mention it. That and the strange vibrating noise thats happened 2 or 3 times that goes away when I depress the clutch pedal about 5cms.... :wacko:

I've got my 10,000 mile service coming up and was going to mention it. That and the strange vibrating noise thats happened 2 or 3 times that goes away when I depress the clutch pedal about 5cms.... :wacko:

That sounds like a faulty clutch thrust bearing. I had 2 in mine so far and it's having a third one fitted next week at the same time as it's first service.