Wheel buying advice - Axis Hiros (ebay)

calvin1169

I've come across some wheels that have caught my attention on eBay. Here is the link, hopefully it works http://bit.ly/S2UdFx

I've messaged the guy asking if he had a price in mind which he responded "make me an offer" which I did and he has accepted. I offered him £400. I've not committed to anything yet as I want to find out the widths and offsets before anything and want to see the damage on one of the wheels. If I got then a refurb would obviously be on the cards.

Regarding the offer. What do people think of £400 for these? Could I be getting a possible bargain or have I offered too much? Slightly worried the damaged wheel might not be repairable but sometimes have to take a chance.

Opinions appreciated.

Cal

Edited by calvin1169

I'd find out all the details before asking an offer. You'll possibly need new tyres too, something else to consider.

If they're the perfect sizes and can be repaired, £400 is a bargain. If they're going to rub and scrape and one wheel is borked, then it's miles too much. Need more detail really.

• Like 1

They don't look in the best of condition and it says there is a little tread on the tyres. If they need refurbing and new tyres then they are going to cost over £1000.

I bought a set of 19"s last week, which to be fair wasn't everyone's taste on here, for £400 in mint condition and tyres had only covered 100 miles.