JDM steering wheel with cruise controls 350z

ThriftyFifty

JDM = Import.

Mark at Abbey said if I can find a JDM wheel with cruise controls I can whack it in my car, gain cruise and then go for uprev maps to the controls.

How much you looking for the new wheel? Not even sure it will work/fit yet!

Edited by ThriftyFifty

You need to check with someone.

If you know it will work then Pm me for a price:)

Funny thing is I had it in the boot of my car today?

I am also swapping mine over for one I recovered.

Its not so much the wheel fitting as it does, more about the controls I think

You need to ask someone who knows more about them.

Edited by 4RE Leather

So you got to the bottom of this, is he still unsure if he can activate the multi maps or has he found the way to activate it now, can i just try clarify this all Thrifty actually needs is the cruise control panel with the switches and loom so he can replace his steering wheel insert with one with cruise control and plug it into the connector in the steering wheel should also be cheaper than sourcing a whole wheel.

Don't see why you would want multi maps anyway, jyst map for best power and torque, if you need an economy ride a Zed ain't however it's mapped...

Colins has a 'you can nick me but your not doing more than 10 mph' (ish) Map. :shrug:

Don't see why you would want multi maps anyway, jyst map for best power and torque, if you need an economy ride a Zed ain't however it's mapped...

Colins has a 'you can nick me but your not doing more than 10 mph' (ish) Map. :shrug:

Fair point although you can drive up onto a low loader at 10mph.....

I meant more the eco maps or 95 ron maps :yawn:

Well I've been told I need a JDM wheel, Pete here has a wheel off a HR... I may just bite the bullet, bend over and try fit it to my 06 JDM and see what happens.

Worst case scenario it doesn't work, and I have to spend 10 minutes taking the wheel off.. or the airbag explode in my face :D

Want multi maps (and cruise) for different driving to be honest. Multi maps would allow me to have an eco mode, if I'm doing a boring trip where I don't need fast throttle etc.

Wouldn't go for a 95 ron map though, always run 97 :D

Edited by ThriftyFifty

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been told I need a JDM wheel, Pete here has a wheel off a HR... I may just bite the bullet, bend over and try fit it to my 06 JDM and see what happens.

Worst case scenario it doesn't work, and I have to spend 10 minutes taking the wheel off.. or the airbag explode in my face :D

Want multi maps (and cruise) for different driving to be honest. Multi maps would allow me to have an eco mode, if I'm doing a boring trip where I don't need fast throttle etc.

Wouldn't go for a 95 ron map though, always run 97 :D

bending over!! behave yourself:)