dead battery bad. free replacement good

wizurd

Started the car today. hardly turned over. O o I thought. tried again. nothing. initial thought was a dead battery and the cost for a new one. Thankfully the previous owner (leonk) was seriously organised so had a look through the paperwork and there's the Halfords receipt from May 2011.

now I wasn't sure if they would accept the battery as it was just flat. However popped down the local Halfords just before closing tonight and they swapped it over no questions asked. seriously chuffed :)

battery switched and the zed is purring again. so what could have been a crappy day turns out to be a bit of a winner.

I know the feeling.

Years ago I got a battery from Costco. Their own brand with "5yr garauntee" stamped on it.

4yrs and 11 months and it died.

Went back to Costco, receipt in hand.

It'd been so long they didn't sell their own brand anymore........so they gave me a brand new Bosche one!

Started the car today. hardly turned over. O o I thought. tried again. nothing. initial thought was a dead battery and the cost for a new one. Thankfully the previous owner (leonk) was seriously organised so had a look through the paperwork and there's the Halfords receipt from May 2011.

now I wasn't sure if they would accept the battery as it was just flat. However popped down the local Halfords just before closing tonight and they swapped it over no questions asked. seriously chuffed :)

battery switched and the zed is purring again. so what could have been a crappy day turns out to be a bit of a winner.

For "seriously organised" my wife would read OCD and my son would say sad :lol:

I will show them this! Glad you got it sorted though mate.