condensation

dazzer-b

hi,

starting to get lots of condensation in the mornings now, since having a new door i notice there must be a slight gap somewhere, where the glass touches the seal as i hear it whistleing quite loud when im on the motorway, i put the door on myself so its obviously my fault, would a body shop be able to sort this out as i put the door on and it takes ages taking the door card off adjusting the window tilt etc, putting back together again and testing etc.

thanks

dazzer

There are two ways of going about this, one is to dry the moisture in the car, the second curing the possible leak. First go down to Wilkinson and buy yourself a 1kg container of KILROCK which is an industrial strentgh Silica Gell. Pour some of this into baking trays ,mugs any containers you can find. Place 7 or8 around the car, one in each footwell, two on the dashboard and a couple on the boot . Check in the morning and you'll be left with a watery sludgr or just water where its absorbed the moisture. The second one is to run either lard or butter around the door seal and open and close the door a few times. Where the frame has no lard/butter is where you're getting an ingress of water, all you might need to do is to move he door a couple of millimetres to cure it & save your hard earned. Good luck.