Looking for new exhaust note,

andlid

Ever since I got the Z TT'd I've been wanting a bit more of the NA sound back from the exhaust!

It's more woooshy these days without the NA type roar. :(

I was watching the making of the Pagani Huayra on the tube and saw that they manifactured the exhaust in such a way that they 'keep' the NA sound!

^ I want something like this! Recommend!

Currently run a true dual custom exhaust with Magnaflow end pipes. Going to see if I can get a pic of the Huaurya exhaust, been looking online for TT's with their exhaust but not found anything sounding much different from what I have.

Edited by andlid

it sounds more NA as its connnected up to a bigger V8. to kill the turbo noise in the exhaust, i suspect your looking at smaller exits, possibly several, like 2 sets of twin exits. (jag Style) smaller diameter pipe. maybe some resonance chambers. like on the motordyne exhaust HFC's. but all that will affect performance, you'd sacrifice performance for noise. and even then i don;t think it will help i think it will just be quieter.

i think you have to quieten the engine down. less intrusive waste gates etc.

or maybe look at adding an electronic exhaustvalve fitted near the manifold side of the exhaust, that gives the better noise.

to be honest the zed engine even with a decent exhaust never sounded as good as i'd hoped, and thats cos its missing 2 cylinders, the zed was a m ore racey noise if that makes sense, a bit raspy higher reving etc. tuned to run smooth and not with a lumpy idle.

it sounds more NA as its connnected up to a bigger V8. to kill the turbo noise in the exhaust, i suspect your looking at smaller exits, possibly several, like 2 sets of twin exits. (jag Style) smaller diameter pipe. maybe some resonance chambers. like on the motordyne exhaust HFC's. but all that will affect performance, you'd sacrifice performance for noise. and even then i don;t think it will help i think it will just be quieter.

i think you have to quieten the engine down. less intrusive waste gates etc.

or maybe look at adding an electronic exhaustvalve fitted near the manifold side of the exhaust, that gives the better noise.

to be honest the zed engine even with a decent exhaust never sounded as good as i'd hoped, and thats cos its missing 2 cylinders, the zed was a m ore racey noise if that makes sense, a bit raspy higher reving etc. tuned to run smooth and not with a lumpy idle.

It's a V12 AMG engine with twin scrolls on it by the way ;)

I'm trying to find the video I saw of the exhaust creations, mad the ammount of time they put in to change the sound, two mufflers that aren't mufflers at all, connected to 2 pipes on each muffler making 4 pipes to the end with a flute slit in them to make something technicial with the air... it's an amazing creation they did, shame they don't have more details on it.

I'll just go cutouts and make it loud as hell, maybe that'll help :D

I cannot watch the video in the office so can't hear exactly what you are after until I get home but...

There was something around a few years ago called a Vortex system - it was a box that you introduced into the system for claimed performance through exhaust gas channeling...my gut feel is that it was just for noise and had a very jet engine sound. Cartainly not my cup of tea but a suggestion none the less!

There used to be a local exhaust fitter that could tune a system depending on what you were after - I think he is dead now (exhausted through age as opposed to an exhaust based accident) but don't under estimate what you can achieve with some pipe tuning...may make it a bit more trial and error than you would like - but exhaust tips, valves, pipe diameters and box internals can all make a difference.