Is there a Sports Mode with a Auto Jap Import 350z

trancematic

Hi guys and Girls .

Another Noob Question as i have not got around to going through the car manual,well i have but i have not seen what i was looking for regarding a Sports Mode setting,normally i would expect a S on the auto gearbox for Sports mode but apart from the standard P N R D and the option to go into tiptronic mode i don't see a Sports mode.

Not really that concerned as the car is well fast enough.also i noticed a button down on the left hand side by the handbrake that said Snow and i forgot the other but i think it was speed.

Sorry if it's a daft question but why not ask a Daft question on the appropriate forums regarding the ZED cars because there are far more knowledgeable people on here that will know the answer than poor old me. :lol:

By the way its a 2004 plate

Hi guys and Girls .

Another Noob Question as i have not got around to going through the car manual,well i have but i have not seen what i was looking for regarding a Sports Mode setting,normally i would expect a S on the auto gearbox for Sports mode but apart from the standard P N R D and the option to go into tiptronic mode i don't see a Sports mode.

Not really that concerned as the car is well fast enough.also i noticed a button down on the left hand side by the handbrake that said Snow and i forgot the other but i think it was speed.

Sorry if it's a daft question but why not ask a Daft question on the appropriate forums regarding the ZED cars because there are far more knowledgeable people on here that will know the answer than poor old me. :lol:

By the way its a 2004 plate

It says power rather than sport, it also has a snow mode :lol:

Push back for snow mode {locks rear diff and give very little power to get grip and wont let you go over 40mph} thought i broke my car when i pushed it with out noticing centre postion normal mode {trys to be eco changes early and throttle responce slow and slow to change} POWER mode {throttle responce improves holds in in lower gears longer and changes down faster and revs out for longer and drives alot better} unless in triptronic as you change up gears or will just bounce off the limiter you also change down manualy but can be slow to change when you want it to but if you brake it will change down automaticly so you ready togo again :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Snow mode meerly limits the rev range so you don't spin like a nutcase.

Power as people have said, increases throttle response and keeps gear until optimum change time

Your TCS is actually named VDC (located right of your steering wheel, along with a button with a red light = your fog lights). Unless you're needing to do fast turns on a dime, I recommend leaving VDC on for the roads.

At least that's what I've dug up...

Edited by ThriftyFifty