clicking axel warranty expired

Asad

bought a uk 53reg 350z GM gt pack rays alloys tan leather full nissan service history for a bargain price of £15,800 :p but it had the clicking rear axel on both sides. warranty expired nov 06. i had the car booked in with worcester nissan last week they confirmed that i need full parts replacing on both sides and the cost will be around £730 inc parts labour and vat.Just had a phone call today from the garage to say that nissan customer service are willing to make a contribution towards the cost of repairs.it will cost me £289.21 to have both sides replaced with new parts and the rest will be contributed by nissan customer service :)

bought a uk 53reg 350z GM gt pack rays alloys tan leather full nissan service history for a bargain price of £15,800 :p but it had the clicking rear axel on both sides. warranty expired nov 06. i had the car booked in with worcester nissan last week they confirmed that i need full parts replacing on both sides and the cost will be around £730 inc parts labour and vat.Just had a phone call today from the garage to say that nissan customer service are willing to make a contribution towards the cost of repairs.it will cost me £289.21 to have both sides replaced with new parts and the rest will be contributed by nissan customer service :)

Was that original quote of £730 to replace the driveshafts or was it to just perform the service procedure linked below?

Clicky

It seems a bit much if all they are doing is regreasing the driveshafts and just replacing a few pins / washers. The link is from this site.

toffeeman

I had mine in to have a look at some clicking. They were not sure if it was the drive shafts or not but said they will try them first just in case. Its booked in on Wednesday to be done under warranty which expired today :) Although it was in on Wednesday first to be diagnosed

Mileage 23k FNSH with 4 brand new bridgestone tyres.The guy needed it sold quick because he had orderd a new car from Nissan.

Doesn't make sense, why didn't he just part ex it? I'm pretty sre they wouldn't have offered him less than what he sold it for.

I had my clicky axle fixed last week even though the car is out of warranty... however, 'clicky axle' has been replaced by 'annoying squeak' that's developed since they 'fixed' it and now I get constant squeaking when braking and moving slowly.