Can I turn the dial lighting off when ignition on?

TameRacingDriver

Shame. Oh well, just have to try and remember.

:bangin: try and remember :scare:

Where are you located so that I know not to drive in your locality for the fear of an oncoming Zed with no lights on! Maybe change cars to a Renault Scenic as I know they have auto lights for you.

Where are you located so that I know not to drive in your locality for the fear of an oncoming Zed with no lights on! Maybe change cars to a Renault Scenic as I know they have auto lights for you.

I've spent 15 years driving cars where, if the lights were off, the dashboard would be in total darkness. People get used to things like that, funnily enough. The last two nights it has not been completely dark, but normally I would have had the lights on. No need to be an arse. :thumbdown:

I've spent 15 years driving cars where, if the lights were off, the dashboard would be in total darkness. People get used to things like that, funnily enough. The last two nights it has not been completely dark, but normally I would have had the lights on. No need to be an arse. :thumbdown:

You should know if your lights are on or off without looking at the dash. It's an awareness factor and paramount for your own safety. I'm not being an arse but if you don't know whether your lights are on or not, I'd be a tad worried.

I'm driving an unfamiliar car (I've had it less than 2 weeks, and so far, only ever driven in daylight), the sky went grey as I drove home due to a torrent of rain, and the dials were brightly illuminated, and street lights illuminate the road, you aren't necessarily going to notice headlights.

I don't know why I'm bothering to respond really, there's always one smart arse on these types of forum who try and wind people up from the comfort of their chair. I guess you never, ever make any mistake ever then?

Why is it so unreasonable to expect a car to behave in a similar fashion to the last 10 cars I've owned?

Don't worry mate I do it all the time too. Like you say your clocks are lit your lights are usually on. My last car had auto lights and that makes it worse

:lol:

I can remember driving along once when raining thinking crap wipers aren't working forgot they aren't auto too :blush: . My car is a JDM and I driver other euro cars quite often and go to flash someone and my wipers turn on, or I go wash my windscreen turn the beams on. You will get used to it thoug.

I'm driving an unfamiliar car (I've had it less than 2 weeks, and so far, only ever driven in daylight), the sky went grey as I drove home due to a torrent of rain, and the dials were brightly illuminated, and street lights illuminate the road, you aren't necessarily going to notice headlights.

I don't know why I'm bothering to respond really, there's always one smart arse on these types of forum who try and wind people up from the comfort of their chair. I guess you never, ever make any mistake ever then?

Why is it so unreasonable to expect a car to behave in a similar fashion to the last 10 cars I've owned?