Bluetooth adapter in 2008 350Z

tjstr

Hi, I picked up my 2008 350Z GT last weekend. It has the cradle for bluetooth in the armrest but no adapter. I just called Nissan and the guy told me that, despite the cradle, the bluetooth adapters don't work with post-2007 cars. I've searched all bluetooth adapter threads and googled a bit but cannot find anything on this. So I am wondering if anyone with a 2008 or later has the bluetooth adapter working. Cheers.

Thanks Ebized. I didn't buy from Nissan - got it from an independent and thought it just lacked the adapter. It was the parts department at Nissan that said the adapter is not compatible with post-2007 cars. It has not been tested (since I've had it) so may just work. Really just hoping to hear that someone has it working in an 08 before buying. If not I'll maybe ring another dealer or chance it..seems odd to me that it won't work when everything else is there but he was sure there was some wiring change. Thx again.

Dosen't matter where you bought the car if it has the cradle it should come with the adaptor as all models from 2006 (MY06 +)came with bluetooth as standard. Unfortunately the adaptors are so easily removed and saleable (see the ad above) they get removed.

If the advert for your car said that there was bluetooth integration than the car must have the adaptor for that to work - so go back to the supplying dealer and say the car is not complete as advertised.

If you have doubts about it working if you post up your location a nearby member might be prepared to try his adaptor in your car to see that it works OK ;)

Thanks Watshot and Ebized - I received the bluetooth adapter today and, as expected, it works fine with my 2008 350Z. Not sure why my local Nissan parts dept. thought it wouldn't! Am using it with an iPhone 4S in case this ever helps anyone doing a search.

• 5 months later...

Most people who work for Nissan parts departments are numpty's of the first order and the amount of money they must lose through lost sales due to ignorance is staggering. You pays peanuts you gets monkeys. Hence sites like this are invaluable and a font of knowledge in all areas ZED.