Interior restoration

chocohercules

Thanks guys :D

The 3M wrap I used was from Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152-x-60cm-CA ... e6e&_uhb=1

I bought the car from a guy but it has had 3 previous owners and I'm willing to bet one of them was a woman with outrageous jewelry.... or a gangsta that never took his knuckle duster off...

Cheers for being my test subject Lewis :p.

Haven't got around to buying mine, but now I'm split between painting or wrapping! The wrap looks very nice, and closest to stock, but the painting is also much more permanent...

Any time ;)

The painting seems to be a much easier option, looking at the guide. It's not a very wrap friendly shape but if you take your time it does give a nice finish that is much harder to damage.

You can always take it off and experiment with different wraps too :)

The deed is done!

My panels were badly scratched, much similar to Lewis. Sanded back to bare plastic (black), and realised why they scratch so easily... they use a horrible rubberised paint!

After sanding:

UTLYL.jpg

Applied 1 coat of primer, then used finish paper, followed by 2 coats of primer. Then applied 2 coats of top coat, and lightly went over with finish paper, then applied a final coat.

Sw8sw.jpg

The deed is done!

My panels were badly scratched, much similar to Lewis. Sanded back to bare plastic (black), and realised why they scratch so easily... they use a horrible rubberised paint!

After sanding:

UTLYL.jpg

Applied 1 coat of primer, then used finish paper, followed by 2 coats of primer. Then applied 2 coats of top coat, and lightly went over with finish paper, then applied a final coat.

Sw8sw.jpg

Nice job mate! Glad you got it sorted.

My first one was owned bybavwoman who wore a heavy gold braclet on her right wrist.

It was scratched all over.

The 2nd one was not much better.

Imgot them both fixed under warrantee

I have them wrapped now!

:drive1

Bybavwoman?

Was she a member on here :shrug:

She certainly was something?

:dance:

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody. in the process of thinking about wrapping my driver side window switch panel. Stupid question (my car is a 56 plate), but how does this come off? I have seen many guides that show it's possible to pop a plastic cap off & find a screw (on earlier models I'm guessing) , but mine doesn't have this! Is it just a clip on that needs prising off with a flat head?

Any advice welcome!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...