Help me protect my new zzzzzzzzz

drfeelgood73

Hi everyone,

Having just got my new Z, but unable to indulge in her at the minute due to working away, this has given me ample time to randomly search and read numerous threads on upgrades and mods reccomended on here.

I have literally spent 10k already from rays to pop chargers, coilovers ,bodykits......oooooh...the list just goes on and on....BUT.....

Having at last managed to get my hands on my dream ( affordable) car , i want to make sure she is well looked after and able to give me many years of pure indulgence....

Not looking to max out the hp..... more interested in handling and wow factor(for me anyway)

Therefore i humbly ask for your expertise and advice....

Its a 55 plate 06 (feb) registered UK GT Model....75k....No mods.....Full service...last 2 years been local garage....Nissan prior to that.

What would you guys reccomend i get done.....

would it be worth getting her straight in for a major service...changing gearbox/diff oil...plugs...coolant etc etc.

What oil/grease would you reccomend...what parts would be best

I am looking at getting a pop charger straight away....maybe then stainless exhaust..... a nice set of rays which are seriously pulling at my buy it now finger every time i check them out...

Any advice would be appreciated....

How addictive does this 350z modding get.....

Got to go....just seen some nice shiny brake pipes.... :yahoo:

Have another search session, there is oodles of info to allow you to answer your own questions.

There is an excellent sticky in the 350Z Servicing section regarding what needs doing at various services and if you READ your service manual it will advise when to change gearbox/diff oil, coolant etc.

Other thread deleted.

Thanks for the help Leeroy,

There is nothing i would like more at this time than to be sat at home with the car and the service book pondering my next move...

Alas,

I am stuck out in the middle of the north sea with a pc running ie6 with loads of filters and restrictions which means that most of the pics, links and files will not open or be viewed..... and with roughly a 10 minute scope to search each time...makes it a bit difficult...

With that in mind i only thought i would ask on here as waiting for the next 2 and a bit weeks to get back to normality to find these out was chewing me out.... but thankfully all is well....

After your reply i posted on the us site and and have since received loads of info back...But...thanks for your help anyway....

Not looking to max out the hp..... more interested in handling and wow factor(for me anyway)

Therefore i humbly ask for your expertise and advice....

Its a 55 plate 06 (feb) registered UK GT Model....75k....No mods.....Full service...last 2 years been local garage....Nissan prior to that.

would it be worth getting her straight in for a major service...changing gearbox/diff oil...plugs...coolant etc etc.

What oil/grease would you reccomend...what parts would be best

Good tyres, new suspension and brakes (new pads/rotors/decent fluid) should certainly help improve the handling. ;)

If it were me, and I'd just purchased an unknown quantity, I'd give it a comprehensive service. Better safe than sorry, and may nip an problems in the bud, before they become problems. Peace of mind motoring.

How addictive does this 350z modding get.....

Not bad, .............. honest! :p:lol::p:lol:

Thanks, looking at getting all the fluids and plugs changed.... just debateing falken 452's or vreidestein ultrac sessanta or avon zz3.... there seems to be so may wide and varied reviews of everything its hard to make a choice...as much as i dont just want to make it on how good the tread pattern looks...

Very good tyres (Michelin Pilot Sport, Bridgestone RE050A) would be my first recommendation, possibly followed by some decent coilovers I have HSD's and think they are excellent :)

I personally wouldnt do much more than better pads and braided lines for the brakes, exhausts and induction kits make the car sound nice which definitely adds to the enjoyment.

Pretty much anything you can think of will have been considered and done on here before (theres 18 pages of tyre thread somewhere) so have a cast about see what you can find out :)

What you suggested is pretty much what i am looking to do. Happy with the power as it is, but as you say a nice stainless exhaust and induction kit to make her sound great is the plan. Just looking as to whether to go for a back box or a true twin system. Probably go for the coilovers before hand........ Was it the mono pro's or the dual tech HSD's you have... Have heard from a few people that they are well worth it.

Initially looked at the michelins, but costs are very hefty up by me, was hoping ats was having a buy 3 get 1 free deal going on...but no.

Will probably take your advice and take the motor down to infinity and get a good service done on it, probably buy the extra stuff like plugs and that and just get a deal for them to do it all in one sitting.....

Very much appreciate the info you have given me..... working offshore and the pc's are filtered and restricted that much i can't use most of the links from the threads, or search a lot of sites till i get back...