AppRadio install problems

akewt

Hi guys

So i just got a Pioneer SPH DA100 installed (AppRadio) by Quantum AVs, Great job all in all but now the trip computer has stopped working.

Does anybody have an idea why it would stop working? Is it separate to the wiring for the HU?

I will take it back to him and get it fixed but want to try and get some info first.

Cheers

I lost all trip comp functions on my Navara when we fitted that unit but that was because the trip comp operated through the stock radio/nav system.

I'm sure Ian will sort it out, just cut him a bit of slack when waiting for a solution as Pioneer's tech dept aren't that fast at replying. He's fitted two units for me, the Pioneer in y Navara and an Alpine in my Z. Top job both times and great after sales backup.

Yeah I know Ian will fix it once i'm back. No worries there was just trying to ascertain if there was a wiring conflict etc.

With regards to the AppRadio working with my HTC One X thats undoubtedly a software problem. Pioneer need to get there act together with this unit as it has bundles of potential. It will work eventually with another firmware revision i expect. :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.

The saga continues.

So from what Ian has told me the android phones aren't working as the iPhone cable is plugged in which is overriding the android (hdmi) cable. So that should be sorted.

Problems with the install are:

• [*:2nmcwiw4]Hazard lights do not work anymore. (Something been uplugged? Cable been cut?)
    [*:2nmcwiw4]Trip computer does not work anymore. (Something been uplugged? Cable been cut?)
    [*:2nmcwiw4]Volume very low. (Ian has told me I need to install a Line Drive at a small extra cost (£79rrp), I'm worried the Line Drive is of low quality.)
    [*:2nmcwiw4]Doesn't work with any android phones. (Should be fixed by unplugging the iPhone cable)

I'm happy to take it back to him but it's quite a way and will take time out of my day and cost £30 in petrol. I'm tempted to take it to a local car audio firm and get it fixed there for another £150 and having some peace of mind.

Any suggestions? Anyone know why I would need a Line Drive with this unit? Isn't that essentially an amp? If so I need to get a decent one right?

This thing has gone on far too long.

Can't see how the radio can effect those other functions, very odd. I have the Alpine unit in my Z that Ian fitted, very similar to the Pioneer unit. I had no issues with it apart from it needed a new direct switched feed as the loom feed wasn't up to it when cranking.

The pioneer in my Navara works 'fine' but it has got it's annoying quirks which Pioneer should've sorted out before releasing it for sale.

It's bizarre that it doesn't work with Android (i use iPhone 4s) as there are two buttons on the facia specifically for android phone use.

Hello again.

The saga continues.

So from what Ian has told me the android phones aren't working as the iPhone cable is plugged in which is overriding the android (hdmi) cable. So that should be sorted.

Problems with the install are:

• [*:1girmfi8]Hazard lights do not work anymore. (Something been uplugged? Cable been cut?)
    [*:1girmfi8]Trip computer does not work anymore. (Something been uplugged? Cable been cut?)
    [*:1girmfi8]Volume very low. (Ian has told me I need to install a Line Drive at a small extra cost (£79rrp), I'm worried the Line Drive is of low quality.)
    [*:1girmfi8]Doesn't work with any android phones. (Should be fixed by unplugging the iPhone cable)

I'm happy to take it back to him but it's quite a way and will take time out of my day and cost £30 in petrol. I'm tempted to take it to a local car audio firm and get it fixed there for another £150 and having some peace of mind.

Any suggestions? Anyone know why I would need a Line Drive with this unit? Isn't that essentially an amp? If so I need to get a decent one right?

This thing has gone on far too long.

Not sure on the wiring problems but if you search you will find a way of increasing the volume for free, you just need to loose the rca connectors. There is a very good thread by buster on here with a 'how to' even if you don't feel confident you could print it off for your guy to try :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave

Everything is fixed now besides the trip computer.

I've read that it can be the fuses or perhaps the harness at the back of the stereo. Prob not the fuses becasue there is power to the unit as the screen is 'lit' but is not displaying any info.

the guy had to cut one of the wires that plug into the back of trip computer but he has soldered it together again. can't see that as a problem.

it's not being fed the information.

Question: Does the trip computer work along side an aftermarket stereo? The two are definitely not connected?

Cheers

• 1 year later...