want to change colour of alloys

danb

Hi all ive been thinkin about havin my alloys painted a different colour from white too black,mainly because ive seen a couple of gun metel Z`S about and i think they look better with black alloy rather than white, at the mo it has white ssr alloys they look a little like rays alloys but prob not as good because ive never heard of ssr so not to sure if they are decent alloy or not but cant afford to just go buy new just yet, so was thinkin of gettin them painted, so just wondering if anyone knows of a decent company in north west and any kind of ides on costing etc.

Thanks

Dan

PM Ming on here (Emperor Ming is his Nickname) and he can get them powdercoated for a reasonable amount of money. He did my std 6 spoke alloys and the reults are very good. Look in my gallery for pics.

Post a pic of the wheels, might not be suitable for powdercoating. Otherwise, use the guys in Liverpool that Liam'sZ has used, again they did a great job on his Volks GT-C

PS WRONG forum, moved ;)

if your going to paint them just plain black, why not have a go yourself with aerosols you can get a great finish if you take your time with preparation , undercoat etc.. and will be very cheap compared to getting them professionally done.. I did mine myself, changed from, silver centers to gloss black :thumbs: (see below )

being sprayed

wheelsblack001.jpg

finished item

blackwheels002.jpg

all it cost was about £15 in paint and a couple of hours :)

TBH I wouldn't even try doing them myself on a daily driven car, they would flake in a heartbeat mate.... may be ok for lomoto's car which has done about 3miles since he bought it... :teeth: but if you drive it daily, I bet you it won't last long.

TBH I wouldn't even try doing them myself on a daily driven car, they would flake in a heartbeat mate.... may be ok for lomoto's car which has done about 3miles since he bought it... :teeth: but if you drive it daily, I bet you it won't last long.

Only one thing to say to that Val..B0LLOCKS.. Ive sprayed countless sets of car and motorcycle wheels no problem with durability....come to think of it the standard Rays finish isnt that brilliant by all accounts , of people on here complaining to their dealers with warranty claims on the wheels ;)

Besides which getting them professinaly finished will nearly cost as much as a cheap set of rims :wacko:

believe what you want mate but with the Z's torque & weight, the rear wheels' paint WILL flake if you drive it on a daily basis and how it's supposed to be driven ;).

PS the guys that Liam has used can do it professionally for all 4 wheels for what, £70 each? and that's not powdercoated, that's properly done. Powdercoated should be even cheaper.

believe what you want mate but with the Z's torque & weight, the rear wheels' paint WILL flake if you drive it on a daily basis and how it's supposed to be driven ;).

PS the guys that Liam has used can do it professionally for all 4 wheels for what, £70 each? and that's not powdercoated, that's properly done. Powdercoated should be even cheaper.

£280 to refurbish 4 wheels as against £15 ,on a set of wheels that probably could be bought for less than £400 ... that makes sense :headhurt:

by the way what has weight and torque got to do with paint finish ?

by the way what has weight and torque got to do with paint finish ?

do you really think the wheels (like anything else on the car) do not flex at all when driving? Even more so if they are a set of cast wheels, which are not particularly strong?

If they are a set of cheapos (heard of SSR in the US forums, don't think they are a particularly expensive brand but not sure) fair enough, spray them yourself, why not.

Hi Guys

My standard rims go in to be powder coated on the 21st of March.

I am going from that 'flat grey' colour that they come in to smoked chrome. :teeth: (Get ready cos its brill!!)

I already have the before pics and will post afters as soon as they are on.

I will also post up their prices when they are finished.

I am lucky in that I get mates rates as I have taken them a lot of business over the years.

Ming the Helpful