Bonnet release handle / cable failure

DP7657

Guys, anyone got any experience / advice for this issue?

When attempting to get to the bonnet to fill up the screen wash last week I found that the bonnet release handle had not effect and I couldn't get the bonnet up. :scare: I'm not aware of having pulled it particularly violently at any point so don't really have any idea of how I could've caused this other than general fatigue.

The bonnet release cable seems to have disconnected itself (possibly at the bonnet catch end) or something similar because the handle no longer opens it (the cable is still being pulled by the handle but there is no resistance from it). I've tried pulling the cable manually with a paid of pliers to no avail :bang: and have also given the wire a tug but didn't want to go too far in case I made matters worse.

I'm taking it in for a service in a few weeks but ideally would like to be able to access the bonnet before then! :teeth:

Thanks,

Dan

I may be wrong but if you remove the drivers side front wheel then remove the plastic wheel arch liner you might be able to access the bonnet release catch.

You can only access the outer bonnet pull cable form under the R/H front arch liner and not the catch ;)