kakimoto regu 06&r - Few questions

calvin1169

Hi guys, hoping some of you have a bit knowledge with this exhaust. A week or so ago I won an eBay auction for a regu 06&r exhaust, some of you may have seen it too. After doing a bit of research before bidding I came across this thread viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5299. I messaged sinbad, but didn't check the date he was last on, so can't see a reply coming anytime soon since it was 2009!. The exhaust I won on eBay is exactly the same as what he had judging by the pictures.

So, questions are...

1) from some of my research it's been suggested that the exhaust gaskets that are needed have to be kakimoto gaskets, anyone know if this is true or not? They are £20 each! Was hoping I could just use cheap £5 ones!

2) I assume this system goes straight onto oem Y pipe, anyone know if it is literally a straight fit or is some sort of adaptor required?

Cal

Never heard of that one being totally honest.

Can't imagine why you can't use universal gaskets. Just measure the flanges and see. Also can't see any reason why it wouldn't bolt straight on to the OEM Ypipe as most manufacturers R&D departments make sure the parts are interchangeable with OEM systems.

Sorry I can't give you 'definates' but it's a brand I'm unaware of.

So it was you who got me in the last second ! :rant:

It will bolt to Y pipe

I agree with tarmac re gaskets

Apologies mate lol, had a feeling it would have been someone on here who I just beat, thought you had me to be honest, think i got a bit lucky. I'm hoping that's the case with gaskets, I know Jurgen from JM imports a bit since I got my last supra from him, so hoping he has a bit knowledge with this exhaust and can maybe fit it for me too! Next on the list...Y pipe!!