my wheel saviour

stuey

i rang an ebay supplier about some 19" hiro drift wheels and spoke to a guy who turned out to be a member on here.................. ITS ANDY whos car (the azure) was in the advert or film................ wot a top bloke who deffo knows his stuff :yahoo: ......... he is going to email me all the colour choices and other styles to look at........ :yahoo:

anyone who needs help wiv wheels give andy a shout for expert help and discount............. :thumbs:

will keep you all posted........... :thumbs:

andy has sent today 8 pics of the wheels and an alternative worth considering :yahoo: ........... andy has been so helpful :) and anyone considering buying wheels give him a shout.............. :thumbs:

choices choices............... this is a tough one.......... :headhurt:

so far the fronts im buyin are 8.5 inch rim which is spot on

for the rear he suggested 10.5 inch width............... im thinking that that is a touch too wide.................... wot dose anyone think will they fit ok ........?

for the rear he suggested 10.5 inch width............... im thinking that that is a touch too wide.................... wot dose anyone think will they fit ok ........?

Think I've read about people putting that width on, but I would imagine it may stretch the tyres a bit depending on width of tyre. Do a search on here or the American sites :)

Ive gone for 10.5 rears & 9.5 fronts, yours will probably arrive before mine though so you can find out first if they fit :p

Ive gone for 10.5 rears & 9.5 fronts, yours will probably arrive before mine though so you can find out first if they fit :p

My current wheels are 9.5 fronts & 11.0 rears - looks very aggressive ;)

Guest prescience
wot size tyre goes on a 10.5 inch rim................ 275..../285...??

Calculators your friend ;)

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Liam I'm not sure that is the right calculator is it for the question? :blush:

I would try the one on this link, 2/3 of the way down entitled 'Ideal Rim Width'.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

The answer to the original question is both :thumbs: However, Liam's link will tell you what tyres you can use by comparing with stock and not upsetting rolling radius :thumbs: and the answer is either a 275x35x19 or 285x35x19 will work on 19" x 10.5" rims although the 275 will appear more stretched than the 285

wot size tyre goes on a 10.5 inch rim................ 275..../285...??

Calculators your friend ;)

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

Liam I'm not sure that is the right calculator is it for the question? :blush:

I would try the one on this link, 2/3 of the way down entitled 'Ideal Rim Width'.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

The answer to the original question is both :thumbs: However, Liam's link will tell you what tyres you can use by comparing with stock and not upsetting rolling radius :thumbs: and the answer is either a 275x35x19 or 285x35x19 will work on 19" x 10.5" rims although the 275 will appear more stretched than the 285

I may be wrong but I've seen it said elsewhere that 285s on 10.5" rims may have some rubbing issues so that the arches need rolling. That's certainly the case if your planning to drop it at all.

Guest prescience

That may be the case Digsy but not heard it myself - I can confirm that for a standard height a 275x35x19 has no issues at all since that is what I had myself. People tend to go for that size and its usually also a bit cheaper which may be relevant

That may be the case Digsy but not heard it myself - I can confirm that for a standard height a 275x35x19 has no issues at all since that is what I had myself. People tend to go for that size and its usually also a bit cheaper which may be relevant

Can't argue with that. :thumbs: