Questions on small issues with 350z I just viewed.

L4V15

Hi everyone. I recently sold my 350z and bought an s2000 but have decided to get another Z again instead and sell the Honda. I just viewed a pretty well priced 06 facelift 350z GT. I was keen on buying it until I viewing it but found a few small issues that I would like some advice on. Are they common issues and can they be easily rectified?

1) Gearbox makes a small clunk when engaging 6th gear at higher revs. Every other gear seems fine and 6th is fine at lower speeds? Can this be sorted easily or is it likely to be serious? He said it's done it since he's had it but I'm worried it will only get worse?

2) Drivers window goes back down when it gets all the way up. Also it doesnt drop down when opening the door. It's as if it doesnt recognise that it's all the way up. Can this be re programmed or something?

3) Both doors are a bit clicky when opening. Noticed that the bolts appear to be loose holding the hinges.

This is all thats concerning me majorly. The only other things are the normal ones like boot wont open properly without help and Bose CD playing skipping.

Any help and advice would be great. Thankyou

The window thing is a classic symptom of a window that needs a position re-learn procedure. It's pretty simple to do, and as long as both of them work well, it's not something that should put you off.

With the doors, make sure that the problem lies with the catches being out of place and not the door hinges themselves (they can make the door sit too low when they're failing). The catches should be easy to fix but I know from personal experience that replacing the hinges is expensive and a lot of hassle.

DB

As said above, gearbox can be notchy, especially when cold.

Window can be re-set to learn its correct position, see Guides section.

The doors can drop slightly, possible to realign them though if thats all it is, think it might be the hinge bushing if I remember correctly.

Great thanks for all the replies. The gearbox isnt really notchy as such. Just makes a bit of a clunk or almost a small crunch as it goes into 6th at any speed. Is this likely to get worse if it is to do with the syncro?

Great thanks for all the replies. The gearbox isnt really notchy as such. Just makes a bit of a clunk or almost a small crunch as it goes into 6th at any speed. Is this likely to get worse if it is to do with the syncro?

Yes, mine was only clunky in lower gears when cold. So I would say syncro is on the way out. :thumbs: