Seats-cloth to leather

Boss Hog

Looking at getting my cloth seats refitted with leather. They're actually in pretty mint condition, and one of my main reasons for doing this would be to make it easier to sell second hand.

I know it is a bit of a stupid question, but do you think it would add enough value to the car to cover the cost of it? I know a lot of people won't consider a 350z without leather.

Thanks

Looking at getting my cloth seats refitted with leather. They're actually in pretty mint condition, and one of my main reasons for doing this would be to make it easier to sell second hand.

I know it is a bit of a stupid question, but do you think it would add enough value to the car to cover the cost of it? I know a lot of people won't consider a 350z without leather.

Thanks

With this kind of thing I think you've got to consider how hard it would be to sell the car without rather than what sort of value it would add.

Bear in mind that unless you have electric heated seats now the electrics won't be comparable.

Thing is you still won't be able to include the magic 'GT Pack' phrase in the for sale ad, so tbh even with leather seats the damage will already be done. Getting the seats redone in good quality leather will probably set you back about £400, and you'll never make that back or get that much of an easier sale for it. I'd say just sell as-is and accept the fact that it might take a while to shift.

DB

hey. you've got a 350 z, forget the' GT' bit.

the Bose system as every one knows ain't that great, the rays were an option on early cars. and lets face it every body's got there own ideas on wheels to make the car individual, who uses Cruise control these days with most roads grid locked !! electric /heated leather seats,this is probably the only item that most people want. so instead of re trimming your seats , buy 2nd hand and fit ,yes the heated part is going to be the problem. But the elctric part should be ok, and if not a auto electrician can easily find a fuesed power source .

seats can be sourced between £300-400.

as already stated cloth seats hold you better and are cooler in the summer etc, your z will also be quicker as the base model is lighter no electric seat motors and no sub :lol:

as they say there's an ASS for every seat, people who want the perfect car ie colour/alloys/leather / mileage/mint condition etc etc , will have along wait, for me it would be condition/ milage first the rest can be changed ie seats/hi fi/ wheels ;)

I looked for a zed specifically with cloth..

More comfortable, holds you better, doesn't burn you on a hot day and isn't freezing cold in winter.

Personally, I can't see one plus to leather?

My thoughts entirely, I thought the gt leather was rubbish and really slides when you push on, and wasn't fussed by the other gt bits, hence I why opted for non-gt. Car is a 57 plate though, and not shifting and no real interest, so thought it might be worth a punt. Ones with leather seem to be shifting.

Hey-ho. Major regret is being a dirty forum voyeur, and not posting, so can't stick it on here!

Thanks

No one will give you more money for a car just because you've re-trimmed the seats. The basic leather in the Zed, like most mainstream cars, is nothing to write home about. Therefore unless you are going to go to the considerable expense and trouble of using a real high grade full grain leather I wouldn't bother.