Annoying headlights

ashyk36

A few months ago I had to change a ballast at the back of my headlight. Since then I now have water in my headlight.

The funny thing is that during the day time all the water seems to disappear but at night it comes back again.

How do I get rid of this? I've searched and I've found that most people tend to have water inside all the time, however mine comes and goes depending on the day. Its really starting to annoy me now and I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Its called condensation :thumbs: ....... :lol: ..... sorry :blush:

I would take them out, try to find where the moisture is getting in, dry them out thoroughly and re-seal. Might be a slow process, but worth it. The inside of the lenses will start to become dirty the longer you leave it :thumbs:

I had moisture in my Reflectors after putting LED's in. So I left them in the airing cupboard for a day or two... dried them out nicely.

Are you sure the dullness is on the inside? as Megs Metal Polish works wonders on the outside. I think GLRNET did a post... here you go.....

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47592&hilit=headlight+clean

:thumbs:

The reason it appears at night is because the ambient temperatures drop, the air inside contains moisture, as it cools you eventually reach dew point where water condenses (condensation) in the air and will lay on surfaces until it warms back up again and the air has the ability to hold the moisture at a higher temperature

I definitely put the seal back on as I remember debating to put the old seal back on or the new one. I have got to find someones airing cupboard to borrow. That should be an interesting question to ask :p

I guess you could try a hair dryer, but a) I dont fancy your electric bill after 2 days or B) the look on the Missus face when its blows up after a few hours :lol:

You could also turn your heating up to max and just sit in your pants for a few days also. (Pics NOT required) :lol: