Piasini Engineering

onthatB0MBSHELL

Hi,

Having searched for an UpRev dealer Here In N Ireland and come up with nothing,

ive found a tuning company that uses this software http://www.piasiniengineering.com/index.php?id=6

has any forum members heard of it or even used it before, any opinions or experiences would be helpful :thumbs:

PS: how can i add my own text to link website instead of the full length link? :shrug:

Just had a look at that website, and it seems that they focus on chip-tuning. I'd question why no-one else claims to be able to chip-tune a 350z and yet these guys do (presumably you've been told that they can?). UpRev works by actually sort of hacking into the ECU and changing the base map that the car thinks is normal it doesn't add any hardware at all. Chips and piggybacks work by messing around with the input/output signals of the ECU to get it to do something different to what it's trying to.

I'd do a LOT of research before using anything other than UpRev or a well-known piggback ECU like Haltech because i can't help feeling that if there was a decent alternative to UpRev there would probably be people using it.

DB

I'm looking for something similar over here since there are no uprev dealers, although, I think I can recall one of the uprev traders here talking about some guy from Dublin that might be able to do it?

Not sure I want to go the remote up rev route that Abbey could do because I'm sure the results achieved with the car there on the dyno, will be better and can achieve a more customised tune.

UpRev works by actually sort of hacking into the ECU and changing the base map that the car thinks is normal it doesn't add any hardware at all. Chips and piggybacks work by messing around with the input/output signals of the ECU to get it to do something different to what it's trying to.

Uprev add some software into the stock ECU when we 1st flash the ECU to allow us to tune your ECU , nothing is hard wired in and the can be put back to stock if needed.

Piasini tuning require some soldiering on the circuit board to allow the map to be changed, normally a generic map that isnt tuned to your car. I dont know if it can be put back to stock either.

Piggy back modifies the outputs from the stock ECU like E manage or F-con where as the Haltech outputs its own fuel and ignition signals but is using the stock ecu for a few other signals and to keep the car happy with regards can bus etc etc.

We will soon have a proper stand alone after market ECU for the zed's will be on the dyno soon to start the development on this system with our own car.

UpRev works by actually sort of hacking into the ECU and changing the base map that the car thinks is normal it doesn't add any hardware at all. Chips and piggybacks work by messing around with the input/output signals of the ECU to get it to do something different to what it's trying to.

Uprev add some software into the stock ECU when we 1st flash the ECU to allow us to tune your ECU , nothing is hard wired in and the can be put back to stock if needed.

Piasini tuning require some soldiering on the circuit board to allow the map to be changed, normally a generic map that isnt tuned to your car. I dont know if it can be put back to stock either.

Piggy back modifies the outputs from the stock ECU like E manage or F-con where as the Haltech outputs its own fuel and ignition signals but is using the stock ecu for a few other signals and to keep the car happy with regards can bus etc etc.

We will soon have a proper stand alone after market ECU for the zed's will be on the dyno soon to start the development on this system with our own car.

So, unless I get myself and my Zed to the mainland I'm screwed :cry:

Get a group of zed owners together and a dyno and we can work a deal out for me to fly over to tune the cars.

Great offer. :thumbs:

I`ll see if thats possible, only have my Zed a few weeks, and dont know anyone local with a zed, haven't got much drive time in my Zed either as i have a misfire issue :angry: , waiting patiently inline to get it to a mechcanic i eventually found who knows his way around a zed engine.

Get a group of zed owners together and a dyno and we can work a deal out for me to fly over to tune the cars.

Great offer. :thumbs:

I`ll see if thats possible, only have my Zed a few weeks, and dont know anyone local with a zed, haven't got much drive time in my Zed either as i have a misfire issue :angry: , waiting patiently inline to get it to a mechcanic i eventually found who knows his way around a zed engine.

Thats a great idea, there are a few of us here that would probably like a proper custom map from Abbey, but getting a date to suit all would be difficult. I could probably get hold of a dyno pretty reasonably prices as my mate is building a turbo skyline for drifting ATM and is in the know of a few guys on the drift ni forum and could probably get a discounted price for us.

However, I personally would like to get my engine mods done first before the map and that could take a bit of saving. Exhaust and Pop Charger for noise and a Plenum spacer to hopefully counter any possible HP loss from the Pop Charger vs a high flow drop in.

Post up on the NI section and see if you can get a few names then give Mark a shout with numbers to get a rough price for him coming over etc. If needs must I could probably take the hit on the credit card and get the mods done asap to get the up rev as it'll be my only chance probably.