Carbon fibre lip + rays refurbishment/restore

Marius

Hi guys. When I bought the Zed it had a few little defects that I wanted to take care of but didnt have the funds but also were pivoting in bringing the car price down :)

Anyway, below I've uploaded some photos of the carbon fibre lip "damage" that someone previously have attempted to repair judging by the signs of white filler;

img0245gv.th.jpg

img0242zx.th.jpg

img0244za.th.jpg

As you can see the "damage" isnt obvious and have to really peel your eyes out to see but nevertheless I would like it fixing :surrender:

img0241hi.th.jpg

Should I take it to a body shop, or is it repairable using products available on the market?

Another minor thing is that there are some tiny white patches on the NISMO rays. Anyone can recommend anything to get rid of them without getting the wheels refurbished?

Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

:clap:

Although I can't help with your problem, but I don't think it will be repairable due to the hole on the bottom and it's not like you can just patch up CF with filler, I quite like that lip, not seen it before, you any idea what type it is?

Yeah it is a Varis cf, I am not too bothered about the hole at the bottom it's just the white markings at the top that are visible and I thought could pOssibly be buffed out. :bangin:

I can't see perfectly in the picture, but maybe it's just the lacquer thats cracked top side? If it is, there may be a way to re-lacquer it or remove the existing stuff and reapply new lacquer :thumbs:

It's the gel coat that's applied on top of the CF.

I have those cracks too from nudging a kerb once and leaving a multi storey with a steep exit.

Used to bother me a bit but now just look past it.

You could try sanding it back with fine wet and dry, say 1200 grit, until smooth and then do a few coats of lacquer.