Random missfire

Whitey89

Evening all, I have a 2003 import 52k that yesterday randomly decided to missfire when I started her up, no lights on the dash, drove down the road and it cleared, and drove fine for the rest of the evening and again today in the morning, stated it up this evening and I had the engine light, vdc and slip light on, no missfire at start tho, after driving for a while I again had a missfire for a couple of minutes and then it cleared again but the engine light stays on, haven't had chance to get to a code reader yet but was wondering of there was any Common faults people new of? Im hoping it's just a spark plug or coil pack!! Many thanks

Ben.

I have 4 codes stored; 0350. D001. P1615. P1212. If anyone could point in the right direction if they have had a similar issue? Many thanks

Ben

Ben,

Best to delete all the archived codes and start with a clean sheet.

0350 is the one that may return as it relates to Ignition Coil Malfunction.

New and preowned coil packs in stock :thumbs:

New Denso Iridium spark plugs in stock :thumbs:

All good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex :)

Ok Alex thank you very much! Will give that a go hopefully on my lunch and see what comes back, will see how it goes, is the code an indication a which coil pack may be at fault or is it a case of trial and error with them?

Ben

I had a coil pack fault. I bought one off Alex.

I had to take off one coil pack and replace it. Wait a little bit. If it miss fired, take off the new coilpack and replace the old one. then move up a cylinder and repeat. The only thing that is a pain is its tight there IMO with my tattie hands and you need to screw in the maf each time or the car just dies when you try to start it.

If your spark plugs need replacing it might be a good time to do it, I bought the plugs off Alex too but changed them at a different time as I was short on time.

Good luck :thumbs: