Caliper touch up

Nico

Hi all,

Looking at cleaning up the calipers on my zed and have browsed the forums for some pointers on where to start. I'm not looking to do a full blown repaint yet, just a clean up with a brush drill attachment and a small amount of paint.

My main concern is the paint. The sticky in the FAQ forum mentions Humbrol Paints #54 as a solid match, however I wanted to know if this will keep in our glorious british weather ;)

Just a temp fix up before I strip em out and have them done good and proper :D

Cheers

Nico

Worked well on mine, but then again mine were virtually mint with only a couple of small chips. But I touched them up and they looked really good. Take your time over it too to get a good job.

That reminds me, I still have a tin of that paint in my garage i need to sell.

• 3 months later...

I used Humbrol #54 and found it to be the best match of anything i'd tried previously. I didn't even do any rubbing down, just used a cocktail stick to apply the paint, small amounts at a time to build it up, this was about 3 months ago and have had no problem with the paint flaking off, in fact i struggle to see where the original damage was. At £1-54 for a tin it was the best and cheapest repair i've ever spent money on