RX-7 yay or nay?

waltzinblack

Same here really, never met him. Just PM's over a few years on Celica Club.

First time I was supposed to meet him properly was that meet where he was supposed to be coming in his infamous MR2.

Very sad.

he didn't quiet finish it, so the club got together to help the family sort it, so that it could be sold on.

• 2 weeks later...

So to resurrect this thread... I didn't buy an RX7 in the end (thanks for the advice though!)

I bought....

THIS

378341_4321438641923_744005289_n.jpg

557133_4321431041733_135752773_n.jpg

425080_4321433281789_1883479339_n.jpg

376638_4321434721825_565943363_n.jpg

That's 8 cylinders, 4.2 litres, 300bhp, 310lbft, 5 seats, 66,000 miles, 2 owners, immeasurable amounts of class and comfort, lots and lots of gadgets, all for £3800!

It's freaking awesome. And is keeping me well entertained whilst I ponder over how to go about fixing the Zed

great engines :thumbs: lots of toys :thumbs: a biug v8 :thumbs: and you can always pm me when it needs a gentle fix. :lol:

think the S type is pretty solid, main issues most likely will be electrical gremlins, but suprisingly most can be fixd with a battery reset :lol:;)

Yep, very different!

Interior + V8 for the price was too much to pass up! Some people will say I should have stretched for the R, but to be honest the standard V8 is enough as it's mainly a cruiser leaving the Zed as the weekend hooning toy.

I feel 20 going on 60 :wheelchair: but sit in one and you will believe the hype! Pulls like a train too.

I think the only downside is that you could very easily get a speeding ticket. It's so lazy and refined in how it picks up speed, and just doesn't feel like you're going quickly until you see the speedo climbing!

Hope you have better luck with your 'cheap' V8 that I have :lol:

As I said the other day I was considering one of these and the comparative value is unrivalled.

Haha, thanks! I did look at Mercs but the German interiors just don't do it for me like the Jags! Plus you get to say, 'I drive a Jaaaaaaaagg'.

And the value is the precise reason I bought the S type. A third the price of the 350z when I bought it. And apart from the handling and looks, I think it's a better car in nearly every other aspect. Speed, comfort, handling, gadgets, refinement, quality, badge image.

That's not to say I don't still love the 350 to bits!