remote

buzz62

guys can anyone help, my remote control (key) doesn't work , i tried a new battery to no avail

the key still starts the car , and locks the door and the alarm sets, but the remote will not open/close or set the alarm

could this be a fuse on the car somewhere?

thanks for that, looks a bit long winded but i'll give it a go

Doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it works ;)

It's also the only way of reprogramming the key, and Nissan Dealers will charge you £50 for it.

I tried to reprogramme my key and had trouble, it may have been my own stupidity :lol:

Anyhoo I was in a Dealership in Bromley picking up a locking wheel nut and asked the GT-R tech about it. Happily for me he grabbed the key, performed a few Jedi finger presses and handed me a working key FOC.

Nice to be able to share a good story about a main dealer for a change :thumbs:

Be careful when switching the ignition on and off too many times and doing all that crap with this car.

I did this and accidently activated the NATS. The car locked down as it thought I was trying to nick it? - If this happens, you cannot start the car and have to find a way to clear it. You cannot simply plug in a standard OBD reader to do it.

• 5 months later...

I also have a JDM which I am having problems getting to work remote lock/unlock after replacing dead battery. Tried procedure above but turning the key 6 times in 10 secs does not enter the registration mode (hazards do not flash). Has anyone experience with overcoming this?