Steering Column Advice

s1xtyn1n3

So i've had a squeak in the steering wheel for a few months, but it was intermittent and I don't really use the car much so I left it until last week before getting it looked at.

After £45 in service, the guy at my Nissan dealer said that he had greased the bearing and that had stopped the squeak (which it had for a couple of days at least). Now its squeaking again so I called the dealer up and they said it'd need a whole new steering column as its a single part and the bearing can't be replaced separately - £649!

Has anyone else had a similar issue and managed to sort it without having to re mortgage their house?

Mate I would sell you a complete column assembly for £50 :thumbs: Have 6 of them and one is already boxed. However I really don't think you need one. PM'd you my number :thumbs:

So i've had a squeak in the steering wheel for a few months, but it was intermittent and I don't really use the car much so I left it until last week before getting it looked at.

After £45 in service, the guy at my Nissan dealer said that he had greased the bearing and that had stopped the squeak (which it had for a couple of days at least). Now its squeaking again so I called the dealer up and they said it'd need a whole new steering column as its a single part and the bearing can't be replaced separately - £649!

Has anyone else had a similar issue and managed to sort it without having to re mortgage their house?