BREAK DOWN

tim

I had a breakdown this morning, not my Z in my van.

Called the RAC I have been a member since I really dont know when. They have got me home when I was on motorbikes when my MG blew its head gasket on the Dorchester by-pass & generally looked after me. I really think the RAC are worth paying for!

This morning I put a call in the operater said 75 minutes but they would point out I had deliveries to make. Derek turned up in 20 minutes. Found a fault with an air intake sensor he wnt away got a sensor and fitted it. £150 for the part and back on the road.

I call that real fantastic service.

Any other experiences ?

I suppose most will have heard what happened when the AA renewed their fleets of VW vans. One of the AA drivers broke down and couldnt fix it so he called the AA depot and told them. They got in touch with VW as it was under warranty. VW in turn said they would attend to it.

You can imagine the hooror on the AA guys face when help turned up in the shape of the RAC. He fixed it. :lol:

Hmm. I have mixed experiences with the RAC.

I called them out once. My Jeep died. Guy took a look with the diagnostic computer. Couldn't find a fault. Vehicle would not turn over. Called a flatbed out to take me home. Hours waited.

Got home, turn out to be a blown fuse. You'd think that would be one of the first things to check.

Come renewal time they wanted to remove my no claim discount. I told them to bugger orf as the guy should have done his job properly and do at the very least basic checks!

Jim