Hydro lock. Totally gutted.

shiney bits

absolutely stunning mate, a true example of how a supra should be. shame to sell it, it put it in my livingroom. glad its all sorted ,, well almost. good luck with the roadster hunting.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could always have cancelled the claim and taken your car back that way, fixed it yourself.

That's not really an option, as I didn't have the money to buy an engine in the 1st place, that's why it went through the insurance.

absolutely stunning mate, a true example of how a supra should be. shame to sell it, it put it in my livingroom. glad its all sorted ,, well almost. good luck with the roadster hunting.

I think the wife would have something to say about the living room idea lol.

I'm only selling to buy a GT-R, but I'm in no hurry. I'll hold out until I get what I want for it. If it doesn't sell then I'll have to keep it unfortunately ;)

Could always have cancelled the claim and taken your car back that way, fixed it yourself.

That's not really an option, as I didn't have the money to buy an engine in the 1st place, that's why it went through the insurance.

But now you're out of pocket because the payout won't cover the finance, and you're down a car. :shrug:

Your insurance company has a duty to tell you which Salvage yard they are going to sell your car through. If they don't I can find out for you mate as it will be one of 2 places

The £13k repair quote is obviously with new parts, so a new crate engine, wiring and modules from Nissan etc.

They also have to tell you what category your car is (now the insurance companies if they have paid out).

If it was a good one then buy it back and drop an engine into it, if not then I may bid on it if your ok with that?

Best regards,

Lee

UPDATE ON THE ZED.

Well I've had the insurance company on the phone and they recon it will cost a little over 13K to repair, so it's getting wrote off. They have offered my slightly more Than expected so I'm pleased with that, BUT, they refused point black to sell me the car back.

So the state of play is, they are going to get intouch with the finance company and pay what they offered me off my finance. Don't think it will totally clear it though unfortunately.

So I'm in the market for a new Zed roadster soon :D

I have to say though, the insurance company have been great, nothing was a problem at all and couldn't help enough.

So that's the current state of play folks, more updates soon.