Servicing question and advice

hawker1986

Hi Guys,

Last guy who owned our car had it serviced in October (before the winter) but the MOT is due in March. Personally I like to get both done together. Since the service its done less than 4000miles. I dont expect to be adding more than 5000miles between now and next March. Do you think I can afford to leave it till March or should I do it in November again and live with them being split.

Also can anyone recommend me a decent garage in leicester/nearby other than nissan as i know theyll rip me a new one.

Cheers

Hawker

Would you buy a used car with a gap of almost half a year in it's servicing record?

I understand your reasoning, but I wouldn't look favourably on it. There's absolutely no reason why you couldn't do what you're suggesting, and I may even be tempted myself, but you're not really saving anything anyway as the MOT is peanuts compared to a service.

I agree had the same problem just moved the Mot to the service day, much easier for you to combine them, and certainly looks better for selling. Plus finding out you existant problems on the service before the MOT gets all the problems in one basket.

Ahhh well tbh the service history is somewhat patchy anyhow. Hadn't considered moving the MOT, presumably you just book an MOT with the garage and thats it?

Cheers,

Hawker

Thats all , just tell them you know that your moving it earlier than its due date. :thumbs: