Sling Box HD and Sling Box Turbo

captain

I'm moving to Dubai soon and would like to watch decent TV.

Thinking of buying the above to attach to Sky HD in this country. The Turbo replaces the need to plug the Sling Box in to my router as it's a long way from the box.

Anybody used one of these or know of an alternative method of watching UK TV abroad.

Thanks.

My mate setup that sky anywhere on his laptop so he could watch Sky while on holiday - worked fine until he got to his hotel, the Sky would not connect due to "Non UK IP address"

I have no idea if that is relevant to you but thought I'd let you know so you can look into it :thumbs:

Two words. Spiderbox or Dreambox and a little reserch ;)

Thanks Beavis. I can see that Spiderbox is a receiver than can be "hacked" to get Sky without paying for it but is usually described as a "hobby". I'm technophobic so don't think this'll be for me.

More specifically, I will be moving to Dubai semi-permanently with Mel coming out in 3-6 months.

I am sure once settled I will buy a satellite receiver and a big rotating dish and watch everything.

The solution I'm looking for in the meantime will be temporary and hopefully utilises my Sky HD subscription at home.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

My dad sent back a reply.....

Everyone goes for Showtime - different packages available.

That was all I got.... :lol::lol::lol::lol: No idea what it is so some investigation might be required but I guess it's a permanent solution!