Help with getting a sub

Jakedd

Hi All,

I've just got myself a 2005 350 and was wondering what sub woofers people would recommend fitting?

What you've used/tried etc...

And I'm assuming there's sufficient space behind the drivers seat and that this is where people have fitted them?

Cheers

Jake

Ive had a few subs over the years but now i only ever use my JL 10w6v2, i cant see myself ever needing to upgrade it as it sounds awesome. We have a Alpine Type R sub in the Alfa GT which isnt bad either.

I think a decent Amp is the key though so dont buy one of these cheap brand 2000w amp/sub packages you see online as they rarely perform well.

You can fit a sub behind the drivers seat but the orginal bose sub isnt enclosed which most aftermarket subs are. You could make an enclosure but the space is tight and i never really liked having that much bass in my back.

I looked into having a sub built to fit behind the drivers seat but it was expensive and quite a few people that have had them built suffer with a lot of vibration :thumbdown:

Then I looked at custom boxes that fit under the strut but it meant loosing a fair proportion of the boot :thumbdown:

So for a long time I made do with the bose sub :surrender: until I found this -

tswx7acag.jpg

Its a flat sub and I thought a decent compromise between SQ and space available in a Zed, fits just under my boot organiser :thumbs:

d0abbe1a.jpg?t=1321135343

I think it sounds pretty good too B)

Hey SMD, remind me to ask you to show me that at Grasshopper or whenever I catch you! :)

No worries you can have a listen too if you ask nicely :lol:

Graham calls it my Hammond Organ :blush:

I do have to admit that when I ordered it I thought it was a lot smaller..... then I unpacked it :scare:

c57a07cc.jpg?t=1321045152