Noise

Pcarbines

:bounce: Gidday , new to this forum & I apologise if this is old subject revisited.

Have had my 2005 350z roadster since new , best beast ever, it sat around for several years while I got over very severe Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 bike accident . On re-start the engine noise could be heard in the cab ,first came & went then came back & has stayed . To a new owner they probably wouldn't notice any difference , however, it's been called by Nissan Mech. As transference & difficult to isolate. There dosn't seem to be Any change in the engine performance or operation after being serviced, this suggests no internal engine issues.

Another Mech. has suggested exhaust issue, this makes more sense as Z sat in garage for several years doing nothing.

Question is : if I replace total OEM exhaust whats best & can these retro systems be trusted as I would have to import to New Zealand and pay up front before shipment.

Thanks in advance.

:blackeye:

Bronzee is down your way :thumbs:

Have you checked the fuel solenoid valves, these can sometimes make a loud noise which is disconcerting.

Retro exhaust, how much do you want to spend?

Scorpion back box plus after market Y pipe and mid section .

Miltek system, similar sound to OEM system.

Could be the thrust release bearing, does the noise fade when you press the clutch down?

Could be the chain tensioner isn't working and the cam chain is rattling about.

Aircon pump bearings could be shot.

I would suggest that you stick a screw driver handle in your ear and go around the engine testing moving parts for the noise. Shouldn't be to hard to find.

And welcome.

Tried clutch & aircon , even lost one ear drum as forgot which end of screwdriver first time round ;-))

But haven't tried cross member , will look at that .

New exhaust - was looking at complete system replacement out of states @ $1000usd

But wary of " no trouble fitting" claims.

• 4 weeks later...

. On re-start the engine noise could be heard in the cab ,first came & went then came back & has stayed . To a new owner they probably wouldn't notice any difference , however, it's been called by Nissan Mech. As transference & difficult to isolate. There dosn't seem to be Any change in the engine performance or operation after being serviced, this suggests no internal engine issues.

Gidday folks -- progess report " had both drive belts replaced " just in case jockey , alternator, air clutch bearing was US , however, Rear - passenger side "Fuel Damper " looks like a good propect. Checked with screw diver to ear & guess what ? clicking it's bloody head off. Now need to find new one. Prt # 22675-AM60A I think.

Meet up with bronzee for the first ever 350z uk NZ meet!

He joined the forum over this end of the pond, but hasn't been to a meet as yet. :(

Unfortunately you've just missed out on a group buy of goods from the US. One of the guys brings Z bits in on a regular basis, saves heaps on shipping, won't help in the interim though.

http://www.300zx.co.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6376

Have the Nissan techs put it on the fault reader??? Just to double check.

Financial club members of the Zclub in NZ, get good discounts with one of the Nissan dealers.

It may be worth giving Dave @ Z parts in Manukau a call 276-7376 or Soichi at St Hitech in Mt Wellington. Dodson Motorsport have worked with a number of 350's, not to mention many other monsters - http://www.dodson.co.nz (as their motorsport site seems to be down) - ask for Glenn.

We really have no one here who is an absolute expert in all things 350, unfortunately.