After a VW Passat 1.9 TDI 4motion sport ...

mcauleyj

Still have the Zed, but am considering a change on my other car (would classify as a shed I suppose, 98 passt tdi sport with 223000 miles :-) )

Anyway, I have a notion for the following:

- VW Passat B5.5 1.9 TDI Sport 4motion,

- saloon (preferably but might consider an estate)

- 2004 model (indicators on wing mirrors)

- preferably 100K miles, but flexible here & willing to consider higher.

- extras such as Cruise control (on steering wheel) and front fogs would be a bonus :-)

Pretty specific, but if anyone knows of one for sale let me know!

Since spying a nice black one with leather & ~74K miles on Autotrader (via Broadstone Cars, Much wenlock, which was sold by the time I got interested) - I've been keeping an eye out on Autotrader, Pistonheads, Ebay & Gumtree as well as a couple of the local Northern Ireland sites (usedcarsni & utv drive).

Are there any other local car sites you guys use elsewhere in the UK?

I'm also guessing that some may come up via main-dealer trade-ins - do these main dealers have contacts that they sell the trade-ins to, or do they put them up for auction?

Cheers!

John

You've pretty much got all useful bases covered from places to buy from.

Depends which dealer takes the car in, condition, value ex.

Like I had an immaculate merc but it was only worth 3-4k. Traded in at a mitsi dealer.......straight to auction. Would have been a right bargain for someone.

Your looking for a very specific car so hunting the auctions might not be too easy......especially as you don't want a dog and you never can tell until you check the car over personally

Hi Ricey,

Yep, thats what I thought it, depends on the car & dealer. I've seen some dealers advertise their used car trade ins through autotrader but I figure some of the dealers in N.Ireland source cars from auctions in England.

Thanks for the reply & info - I wasnt sure if there are local classifieds/ car trading websites in various parts of the UK the way there are over here.

I'll keep hunting, never know what might turn up!

Cheers,

John

Hi Ricey,

Yep, thats what I thought it, depends on the car & dealer. I've seen some dealers advertise their used car trade ins through autotrader but I figure some of the dealers in N.Ireland source cars from auctions in England.

Thanks for the reply & info - I wasnt sure if there are local classifieds/ car trading websites in various parts of the UK the way there are over here.

I'll keep hunting, never know what might turn up!

Cheers,

John

There are mate but generally autotrader, pistonheads, eBay etc seem to be the best places.

I think eBay had killed the local classifieds in the main

• 1 month later...

Slight update!

- extended my search to include the B6 Audi A4 1.9 TDI Avant Quattro (Sport) too, interested in model years 2003-2005.

So, currently I'm interested in:

Passat 4motion 1.9 TDI (2004)

A4 1.9 TDI Quattro Avant / Estate (2003 - 2005)

If anyone has one they are considering selling, or knows of a good one available please give me a shout :)

Thanks,

John

2006 4motion Passat with 115k

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... /105068676

2003 A4 2.5 TDi Avant Quattro

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... /104853936

2003 A4 1.9 Tdi Avant Quattro

http://www.nicarfinder.co.uk/used-cars/ ... /39182776/

Apart from the last one, the others aren't exactly what you are looking for but pretty close.

Have you checked out Wilsons Auctions?

Thanks Kyle,

I had seen the 1st two, but not the one on nicarfinder. Its an SE but I'll keep an eye on there too - thanks for the heads up.

Wilson auctions - I was looking at their website a week or two back, had a browse through some of the NI site lists.

- whats the best way to keep track of whats available here, just keep browsing or can you sign up to get a list emailed?

John